By mimicking the way ponds naturally acquire fertility to feed fish and nourish plants throught nutrient cycling it is possible to apply this science to modern agriculture to create a more sustainable farming method.
With the Bioponica™ Food Plant™ system, efficiencies are particularly important as the cost of attaining off site sources of fertilizers and water are increasingly unaffordable. Soil-less farmers and greenhouse are aware of the need to optimize space and eliminate dependence on manufactured nutrients and fish food. For best market, nutrition and environmental value, plants must be raised organically.
Features of the Food Plant™ System:
- Soil-less deep water, NFT and enhanced growth media
- Vertically growing, optimal space utilization
- Durable, indestructable, weather tolerant and food safe HDPE materials
- Low energy – labor, mechanical and electrical
- Nutrient extraction through bioreaction, filtration, clarification
- Nutrient cycling to create closed loop food web
- Water storage and recirculation
- Thermal mass utilization
- Modular, scalable and transportable design
- Ease of operation
- Integrated, versatile
As individual units or as a complete Food Plant™ System, the Bioponica™ grow modules support one or all the standards soil-less hydroponic grow bed functions of NFT, Ebb and Flow and Deep Water Raft Culture. To process waste the Incubator and Bio-Incubator function as a bioreactor, biofilter, clarifier, grow beds and fish tanks and nutrient reservoirs. The process is what makes the Food Plant important. It is based on the principal that organic waste contains the essential elements to grow all plants.
With this system, plus rainwater, green manures and a modest amount of energy, off-the-grid food and water security is waste high and within an arm’s reach.